Rolla Presbyterian Manor announces Art is Ageless® winners
Rolla Presbyterian Manor recently announced the 2021 winners of the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition on the community Facebook page.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Lyn Joelle Freeland, marketing director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Rolla Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show professional: Barbara Ford, “Chocolate Delight” (top, middle)
- Best of Show amateur: Agnes Maples, “Turquoise Trio” (top, right top)
- Christmas amateur: David Breuer, “Uncle Sam Santa” (top, left)
- Mixed Media/Crafts professional: Sophia deLaat, “Cardinal Direction” (top, bottom middle/right)
- Mixed Media/Crafts amateur: Agnes Maples, “Black Beauty”
- Painting professional: Ellen Reynolds, “Leo’s Pumpkins”
- Painting amateur: Agnes Maples, “Turquoise Trio”
- Photography amateur: Erma Brand, “Shimmering Sunset” (bottom, right bottom)
- Quilting professional: Barbara Ford, “Chocolate Delight”
- Sculpture/3-D professional: Sophia deLaat, “Ava Maria” (bottom, right top)
- Sculpture/3-D amateur: David Breuer, “Lono” (bottom, left)
Local competition winners will join winners from 14 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s Art is Ageless program encourages Rolla Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.