One-pot Beef and Black Bean Chili
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 2 raw jalapeños, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons of southwest seasoning
- 4 oz. can tomato paste
- 24 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 26 oz. can black beans, undrained
- 2 teaspoons of beef base
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium to high heat. Add onions, jalapeños and salt. Cook, stirring until softened, 5–7 minutes.
- Add meat and southwest or Mexican spice to pot. Cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until browned and cooked through, 5–7 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste into pot, cook, stirring, until dark red and combined, 1-2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans, beef base, ¼ cup water, stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until thickened, 8-10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve chili with a dollop of the crème sauce.